2022 Honda Ridgeline Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $38,865 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter direct-injected VTEC® V6 producing 280 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available i-VTM4® torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system with up to 5,000-pound towing capacity
- Washable, lockable In-Bed Trunk® offering an additional 7.3 cubic feet of secure storage space
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- Display Audio system with crisp graphics, easier-to-use touchscreen icons, and a physical volume knob
- Optional Honda Performance Development (HPD) package featuring unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics
- Standard Dual-Action Tailgate which opens downward or to the side
About the Honda Ridgeline
Whether you’re forging a mountain trail or cruising down the open highway, the rugged Honda Ridgeline has the power and agility to turn any trip into an adventure. Engineered with innovations that will change the way you see a pickup truck, the Ridgeline not only helps you work harder — but also work smarter. Experience robust power from the 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 along with exceptional control in all types of road conditions with the available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD system. No matter how far off the beaten path you travel, you’ll always be connected with the standard 8-inch Display Audio system and a high-resolution touch-screen along with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Highlighting the Honda commitment to safety, the Ridgeline continues to offer the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver assistive features, including the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW). Craving an even bolder look? Step up to the optional Honda Performance Development (HPD) package featuring unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
After receiving a major refresh last year, the Honda Ridgeline is back for 2022 essentially unchanged. The sole update is the addition of the new Sonic Gray Pearl color choice for the Ridgeline. Otherwise, the Ridgeline continues to be a remarkably popular choice among midsize pickup truck shoppers.
Honda Ridgeline Features
Versatile Truck Bed
Pushing the limits of what a pickup truck can do, every aspect of the Honda Ridgeline was carefully considered to expand your possibilities. The standard, class-exclusive In-Bed Trunk offers 7.3 cubic feet of secure storage space along with a drain plug for quick water removal and easy cleaning. A Dual-Action Tailgate opens either to the side or straight down for hauling large, flat items such as sheets of plywood. An available Truck-Bed Audio System features 6 exciters in the truck bed walls allow for maximum sound along with Bluetooth® compatibility for complete control via your smartphone. 8 heavy-duty truck bed tie-down cleats rated up to 350 lbs help ensure your cargo stays safe and secure.
Performance & Capability
Not only does the standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine provide plenty of muscle for rough terrain, it also gives the Honda Ridgeline up to 1,580 lbs of total payload capacity and 5,000 lbs of towing capacity. A fully independent multi-link rear suspension and rigid lightweight unibody design give the Ridgeline a composed ride on the highway without sacrificing off-road capability. The standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD system comes in handy when the asphalt ends and the trail begins. With dedicated terrain settings for snow, mud, or sand — the Intelligent Traction Management system in the Ridgeline can adapt to the conditions for the utmost control in tricky situations.
Step inside the Honda Ridgeline and you’ll be greeted by a spacious interior with seating for five passengers along with the most passenger volume in its class. Thoughtfully crafted to provide a unique, modern truck experience, the Ridgeline features upscale amenities and an array of available technologies at your fingertips. Optional leather-trimmed seating surfaces and a heated steering wheel add a touch of luxury. Standard 60/40 Split Lift-Up rear seats make multiple rear seat configurations possible while creating room for anything from a bike to groceries or camping gear.
Technology & Safety
While the Ridgeline is equipped to take you places you’ve never seen, it’s also always looking out for you with innovative technology and driver assistance features. An impressive 4.2-inch color Multi-Information Display and steering-wheel-mounted controls make it effortless to answer phone calls, change the song, or turn up the volume. The Ridgeline keeps you connected with your favorite media with an available 540-watt Premium Audio System, HondaLink®, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
Featuring cutting-edge confidence-boosting technologies, the Ridgeline helps look out for your safety with a standard Rearview Camera and optional Blind Spot Information System. Standard Honda Sensing,® a full suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies are designed to assist and help protect you and your passengers. Available features include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS).
Honda Ridgeline Trims & Specs
- Starting at $38,865 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower 3.5-Liter V6 Engine
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management® (i-VTM4®) AWD System
- Dual-Action Tailgate
- In-Bed Trunk®
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Starting at $41,845 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Interior with Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI)
- 18-inch Machine-Finished Alloy Wheels
- Power Sliding Rear Window
- Starting at $44,795 MSRP*
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Truck-Bed Audio System
- 540-Watt Premium Audio System
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off (Low Beam)
- Starting at $46,295 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 18-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- 150-Watt / 400-Watt Truck-Bed Power Outlet
*MSRP includes $1,225 destination charge, but excludes tax, registration, and options. Dealer set own prices.
**18 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.