2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Starting at $28,870 MSRP*
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 212 horsepower and standard Real Time AWD™
- Customizable drive modes – Econ, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® driver-assistive safety technologies
- Up to 40 City / 35 Highway / 38 Combined MPG rating**
- Hybrid badging and distinctive blue Honda front grille emblem
- Model-specific instrument panel with display for power/charge status and driver-selectable display for power distribution and regeneration
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) designed to increase awareness by pedestrians
- Available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
About the Honda CR-V Hybrid
For the very first time in the storied history of the Honda CR-V, this award-winning compact SUV will be available as a hybrid for the 2020 model year. As the best-selling crossover in America for over two decades, the Honda CR-V Hybrid will be the brand’s first electrified SUV in America upon its debut. Production will take place at Honda’s Greensburg, Indiana plant alongside the standard CR-V and the Insight hybrid sedan. Honda is targeting two-thirds of its global automobile sales to come from electrified vehicles by 2030 and the all-new CR-V Hybrid marks the start of accomplishing this objective. Its sophisticated two-motor hybrid powertrain allows the CR-V Hybrid to achieve remarkable efficiency. Refreshed exterior styling also helps it stand out from the ordinary. Cutting-edge technology inside the cabin combined with groundbreaking standard safety features helps make the all-new Honda CR-V Hybrid a truly remarkable compact crossover SUV.
What the Critics Say
Honda CR-V Hybrid Features
If you’re the type of driver who demands maximum efficiency, the Honda CR-V Hybrid lets you enjoy the benefits of its sophisticated two-motor powertrain. Shared with the current Accord Hybrid, this unique powertrain combines two electric motors with a 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC Atkinson cycle engine with greater than 40 percent thermal efficiency. These characteristics allow the CR-V Hybrid to operate without the need for a conventional automatic transmission, allowing for smooth and seamless power delivery at all speeds. The compact intelligent power unit (IPU), housing the hybrid battery pack and its control systems, is mounted under the cargo floor to preserve interior versatility. In total, the Honda CR-V Hybrid delivers 212 horsepower with an anticipated increase in EPA-estimated city fuel economy by 50%.
Driving a fuel-efficient SUV no longer means making sacrifices on comfort thanks to the introduction of the Honda CR-V Hybrid. Unique interior trim helps distinguish the CR-V Hybrid from its traditional sibling. The most apparent of these is a distinctive push-button gear selector flanked by three switches for Econ, Sport or EV modes. You’ll also enjoy an instrument panel that’s unique to CR-V Hybrid models featuring a display with power distribution and regeneration readouts. Available leather-trimmed seating surfaces lets you and your passengers relax as the miles fly past your windshield. With an available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration – your favorite apps and media can always come along for the journey.
For the ultimate in confidence behind the wheel, every Honda CR-V Hybrid comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies. Examples of these technologies include Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability. One feature that’s unique to the CR-V Hybrid is a new Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS). This innovative system includes a speaker mounted in the front bumper which can generate a distinct audible alert that varies in volume depending on vehicle speed for increased pedestrian awareness.
Trims & Specs
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid LX
- Starting at $28,870 MSRP*
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 40 City / 35 Highway / 38 Combined MPG rating
- Real Time AWD™
- Honda Sensing®
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid EX
- Starting at $31,380 MSRP*
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid EX-L
- Starting at $33,870 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Interior
- Power Tailgate
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Starting at $37,070 MSRP*
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
- Wireless Phone Charger
- 19-Inch Alloy Wheels
*MSRP includes $1,120 destination charge, but excludes tax, license, registration and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**40 city/35 highway/38 combined mpg rating. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.