2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Starting at $32,835 MSRP*
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 212 horsepower and standard Real Time AWD™
- Customizable drive modes – Econ, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® driver-assistive safety technologies
- Up to 40 City / 35 Highway / 38 Combined MPG rating**
- Hybrid badging and distinctive blue Honda front grille emblem
- Model-specific instrument panel with display for power/charge status and driver-selectable display for power distribution and regeneration
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) designed to increase awareness by pedestrians
- Available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
About the Honda CR-V Hybrid
The Honda CR-V has earned a reputation as America’s best-selling crossover for over two decades. Now, the most-loved compact SUV in the country is available with a fuel-efficient hybrid drivetrain. It’s built to the same exacting standards as the standard CR-V in Honda’s Greensburg, Indiana factory, but with the added benefits of an electrified drivetrain augmenting the traditional gasoline engine. Honda is hoping that, by the year 2030, two-thirds of their new car sales will come from electrified vehicles like this one. Given the success of the CR-V, it’s clear that offering a hybrid variant is a big step in the right direction.
The CR-V Hybrid utilizes a sophisticated two-motor hybrid powertrain that allows for remarkable efficiency in its class. Cutting-edge technology inside the cabin, combined with groundbreaking standard safety features, help to make the Honda CR-V Hybrid a truly remarkable compact crossover SUV. Here’s to a brighter future.
What the Critics Say
Honda CR-V Hybrid Features
If you’re the type of driver who demands maximum efficiency, the Honda CR-V Hybrid lets you enjoy the benefits of its sophisticated two-motor powertrain. Shared with the current Accord Hybrid, this unique powertrain combines two electric motors with a 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC Atkinson cycle engine with greater than 40 percent thermal efficiency. These characteristics allow the CR-V Hybrid to operate without the need for a conventional automatic transmission, allowing for smooth and seamless power delivery at all speeds. The compact intelligent power unit (IPU), housing the hybrid battery pack and its control systems, is mounted under the cargo floor to preserve interior versatility. In total, the Honda CR-V Hybrid delivers 212 horsepower with an anticipated increase in EPA-estimated city fuel economy by 50%.
Driving a fuel-efficient SUV no longer means making sacrifices on comfort thanks to the introduction of the Honda CR-V Hybrid. Unique interior trim helps distinguish the CR-V Hybrid from its traditional sibling. The most apparent of these is a distinctive push-button gear selector flanked by three switches for Econ, Sport, or EV modes. You’ll also enjoy an instrument panel that’s unique to CR-V Hybrid models featuring a display with power distribution and regeneration readouts. Available leather-trimmed seating surfaces let you and your passengers relax as the miles fly past your windshield. With an available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration – your favorite apps and media can always come along for the journey.
For the ultimate confidence behind the wheel, every Honda CR-V Hybrid comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies. Examples of these technologies include Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability. One feature that’s unique to the CR-V Hybrid is a new Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS). This innovative system includes a speaker mounted in the front bumper which can generate a distinct audible alert that varies in volume depending on vehicle speed for increased pedestrian awareness.
Trims & Specs
CR-V Hybrid EX
- Starting at $32,835 MSRP*
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
CR-V Hybrid EX-L
- Starting at $35,425 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Interior
- Power Tailgate
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Starting at $38,625 MSRP*
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
- Wireless Phone Charger
- 19-Inch Alloy Wheels
*MSRP includes $1,225 destination charge, but excludes tax, license, registration and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**40 city/35 highway/38 combined mpg rating. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.