2020 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Available new Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
Honda Pilot Video
About the Honda Pilot
Whether you’re headed across town or across the country, the 2020 Honda Pilot delivers innovative technology, impressive versatility, and eye-catching style to help you stand out from the ordinary. Perfect for growing families, the Pilot remains one of the few vehicles in its class which offers seating for up to 8 passengers, customizable seating configurations, and a massive cargo capacity. Revised exterior styling gives the Pilot a more aggressive look which hints at its off-road capabilities without changing its striking profile.
Giving you greater confidence behind the wheel, every 2020 Pilot now features the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment. Optional Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn directions to help you reach your destination on time. Even with your hands full, you can access the cargo area thanks to an available hands-free power operated tailgate with the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
Continuing its reputation for success, the Honda Pilot returns for the 2020 model year mostly unchanged. One exciting new addition to the lineup is the new Black Edition trim which now sits atop the Pilot lineup. Positioned above the Elite, the Black Edition includes standard heated second-row captain’s chairs, all-wheel drive, and a collection of distinctive treatments found on both the interior and exterior. Every Black Edition also includes stylish black exterior trim, black-finished 20-inch wheels, and Black Crystal Pearl exterior paint. Inside the cabin, you’ll enjoy premium black leather upholstery featuring red contrast stitching along with red accent lighting.
2020 Honda Pilot Features
Style, Performance, and Capability
Versatile, stylish, and composed – the Honda Pilot captures attention with its bold front fascia featuring standard LED low beam headlights. At the year, you’ll notice new taillights with amber turn signals, LED backup lights, and an optional hands-free power tailgate. Pilot Elite models receive power folding mirrors with automatic dimming.
Giving you a perfected balance of efficiency and power, the Honda Pilot is powered by a standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 producing 280 horsepower. An improved Idle Stop system helps you stretch your MPG thanks to new programming and a new brake pressure trigger for quicker restarts. The standard 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) found on Touring and Elite trims has been further refined for smoother power delivery and lower speed agility. For confidence and grip across a wide range of road and weather conditions, all-wheel drive is offered on each trim level of the 2020 Pilot.
Ergonomic controls, premium materials, and luxurious features help prove that the interior of the 2020 Honda Pilot is perfect for road trips both long and short. The newly-revised steering wheel features simplified controls while new instrumentation and gauges are easier than ever to read. For added refinement, Touring and Elite models offer second-row captain’s chairs while second-row retractable sunshades are offered on EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims. A 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, heated and ventilated front seats, and perforated leather seating surfaces are each examples of optional amenities inside the Honda Pilot. The available Rear Entertainment System (RES) features an enlarged screen and even has the capability to play CDs in the same drive which plays DVDs and Blu-ray™ media.
Featuring simplified menus and customizable shortcuts for ease of use, the all-new Display Audio System is your centralized location for infotainment inside the 2020 Pilot. Supporting up to seven devices and offering the capability of “Smart TV”-style video streaming of select video content directly to the Rear Entertainment System (RES) via any Wi-Fi connection — the available 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot revolutionizes the way you stay in touch while on-the-go. Also debuting inside the Pilot is wireless smartphone charging capability, which uses both Qi and PMA charging standards. A HandsFreeLink® microphone allows for safe, seamless communication via an available CabinTalk™ system. Use the all-new CabinControl™ to monitor several functions such as the audio system or rear climate all using your compatible smartphone.
Since staying safe on the road is always critical, the 2020 Honda Pilot now comes standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Included in this impressive lineup of features are Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Additional standard features include a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera and automatic high beam headlights. It’s no surprise that the 2020 Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims and Specs
2020 Pilot LX
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower direct-injected, i-VTEC® V6 engine
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights with auto-on/off
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- 8-passenger seating
2020 Pilot EX
- Starting at $35,525 MSRP*
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Heated front seats with 10-way power driver’s seat
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- One-touch 2nd-row seats
2020 Pilot EX-L
- Starting at $38,955 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tailgate
- One-touch power moonroof
- Integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Three USB charging ports
2020 Pilot Touring
- Starting at $43,715 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Blu-ray™ Rear Entertainment System (RES)
- Mobile hotspot capability
- Blue ambient LED lighting and front beverage holders
- 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers
2020 Pilot Elite
- Starting at $49,215 MSRP*
- Standard variable torque all-wheel-drive (AWD)
- Panoramic roof
- Wireless phone charger
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED front-row map lights
2020 Pilot Black Edition
- Starting at $50,715 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- Heated Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
*MSRP includes $1,095.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.