2023 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
About the Honda Pilot
Whether you’re headed across town or across the country, the Honda Pilot delivers innovative technology, impressive versatility, and eye-catching style to help you stand out from the ordinary. Perfect for growing families, the Pilot remains one of the few vehicles in its class which offers seating for up to 8 passengers, customizable seating configurations, and a massive cargo capacity. Bold exterior styling gives the Pilot a more aggressive look which hints at its off-road capabilities without changing its striking profile.
Giving you greater confidence behind the wheel, every Pilot features the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment. Optional Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn directions to help you reach your destination on time. Even with your hands full, you can access the cargo area thanks to an available hands-free power-operated tailgate with the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
2023 marks the debut of the all-new Honda Pilot. Now in its fourth generation, the Pilot proudly sports a thoroughly refreshed exterior look that’s more rugged and adventurous than ever before. Other highlights include a more powerful and more efficient 3.5-liter V6 engine and new 10-speed automatic transmission. The interior also receives a significant makeover as well, packed with upscale materials and innovative tech features. Also notable is the debut of an all-new Pilot TrailSport variant with off-road-focused performance features and unique design cues inside and out.
Honda Pilot Features
Style, Performance, and Capability
Bolder and more rugged than previous generations, the exterior styling of the Honda Pilot makes a statement both on and off the road. Standard LED lighting provides a stylish complement to the exterior along with superior visibility in low-light conditions. Standard power for the Pilot comes from a muscular 3.5-liter V6 that comes paired with a responsive 10-speed automatic transmission. As the most powerful SUV in the history of the Honda brand, the Pilot is also now available in an adventurous TrailSport trim level featuring expanded off-road capabilities. Highlights of Pilot TrailSport models include an off-road tuned suspension with a ride height increase of 1 inch, i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic, and all-terrain tires.
Expertly tailored to suit those living active lifestyles, the premium interior of the Honda Pilot offers spacious seating for 7 or 8 passengers. With an emphasis placed on functionality, 8-passenger models feature a clever stowable second-row middle seat for added convenience. Its streamlined dashboard layout features a modernized look with ergonomic controls placed within arm’s reach of the driver. There’s also a wide center console that offers enough space to store two smartphones side-by-side. Examples of premium interior amenities available inside the Pilot include leather-trimmed upholstery, panoramic moonroof, heated/ventilated front seats, and the innovative CabinTalk™ communication system.
No matter how far the journey takes you, the Honda Pilot boasts sophisticated technology to help keep you connected and informed. Equipped as standard with a 7-inch or also available with a 9-inch color touchscreen display, drivers can take advantage of Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration and use their favorite apps. Other cutting-edge features include an onboard Wi-Fi hotspot and Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging. For a true concert-like listening experience, opt for the available Bose premium audio system with 12 speakers including a subwoofer. The optional satellite-based navigation system means that you’ll always have the ability to get out and explore the path less traveled behind the wheel of the Honda Pilot.
Since staying safe on the road is always critical, the Honda Pilot comes standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Included in this impressive lineup of features are Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Additional standard features include a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera and automatic high beam headlights. It’s no surprise that the Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims and Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights, foglights, DRLs and taillights
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- 7-inch digital instrument display and 7-inch color touchscreen
- Starting at $43,295 MSRP*
- Leather seating surfaces
- Wireless Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- Qi-compatible wireless charging
- 9-inch color touchscreen and 9-speaker audio
- Starting at $47,795 MSRP*
- Handsfree access power tailgate
- Opening panoramic sunroof
- Satellite-based navigation
- Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Starting at $49,695 MSRP*
- Standard i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic
- Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height
- TrailWatch™ camera system
- 18-inch black TrailSport branded alloy wheels
- Front skid plate with recovery point
- Starting at $53,375 MSRP*
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display
- Head up display
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
*MSRP includes $1,345.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/25 highway/21 combined mpg rating for non-TrailSport AWD trims. 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg rating for TrailSport. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.