2022 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $39,075 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower and 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
About the Honda Pilot
Whether you’re headed across town or across the country, the Honda Pilot delivers innovative technology, impressive versatility, and eye-catching style to help you stand out from the ordinary. Perfect for growing families, the Pilot remains one of the few vehicles in its class which offers seating for up to 8 passengers, customizable seating configurations, and a massive cargo capacity. Bold exterior styling gives the Pilot a more aggressive look which hints at its off-road capabilities without changing its striking profile.
Giving you greater confidence behind the wheel, every Pilot features the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment. Optional Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn directions to help you reach your destination on time. Even with your hands full, you can access the cargo area thanks to an available hands-free power-operated tailgate with the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
There are a handful of small changes that have been made to the three-row Honda Pilot for the 2022 model year. Last year’s LX and EX trim levels have been discontinued from the model range. This means that all Pilot models now come standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, an 8-inch touchscreen display, and full LED headlights regardless of trim level. Last but not least, Sonic Gray Pearl is a new exterior color option available to Honda Pilot shoppers.
Honda Pilot Features
Style, Performance, and Capability
Versatile, stylish, and composed – the Honda Pilot captures attention with its bold front fascia featuring standard LED low beam headlights. Pilot Elite models receive power-folding mirrors with automatic dimming. Giving you a perfected balance of efficiency and power, the Honda Pilot is powered by a standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 producing 280 horsepower. An improved Idle Stop system helps you stretch your MPG thanks to new programming and a new brake pressure trigger for quicker restarts. The standard 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) has been further refined for smoother power delivery and lower speed agility. For confidence and grip across a wide range of road and weather conditions, all-wheel drive is offered on each trim level of the Pilot.
Ergonomic controls, premium materials, and luxurious features help prove that the interior of the Honda Pilot is perfect for road trips both long and short. For added refinement, Touring and Elite models offer second-row captain’s chairs while second-row retractable sunshades are offered on EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims. A 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, heated and ventilated front seats, and perforated leather seating surfaces are each examples of optional amenities inside the Honda Pilot. The available Rear Entertainment System (RES) features an enlarged screen and even has the capability to play CDs in the same drive which plays DVDs and Blu-ray™ media.
Featuring simplified menus and customizable shortcuts for ease of use, the Display Audio System is your centralized location for infotainment inside the Pilot. Supporting up to seven devices and offering the capability of “Smart TV”-style video streaming of select video content directly to the Rear Entertainment System (RES) via any Wi-Fi connection — the available 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot revolutionizes the way you stay in touch while on-the-go. Also debuting inside the Pilot is wireless smartphone charging capability, which uses both Qi and PMA charging standards. A HandsFreeLink® microphone allows for safe, seamless communication via an available CabinTalk™ system. Use the CabinControl™ to monitor several functions such as the audio system or rear climate all using your compatible smartphone.
Since staying safe on the road is always critical, the Honda Pilot comes standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Included in this impressive lineup of features are Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Additional standard features include a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera and automatic high beam headlights. It’s no surprise that the Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims and Specs
- Starting at $39,075 MSRP*
- 20-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- 7-Speaker, 215-Watt Audio System
- Heated Front Seats
- Starting at $41,035 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower direct-injected, i-VTEC® V6 engine
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights with auto-on/off
- 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Heated front seats with 10-way power driver’s seat
Pilot Special Edition
- Starting at $41,635 MSRP*
- Black Roof Rails
- Wireless Smartphone Charging
- Black-Painted 20-inch Alloy Wheels
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Special Edition Badging
- Starting at $45,535 MSRP*
- Exclusive TrailSport Styling
- Exclusive 18-Inch TrailSport Wheels)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Intelligent Traction Management w/Snow, Sand & Mud Modes
- i-VTM4® All-Wheel-Drive System
- Learn more about the TrailSport trim
- Starting at $45,595 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Blu-ray™ Rear Entertainment System (RES)
- Mobile hotspot capability
- Blue ambient LED lighting and front beverage holders
- 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Starting at $51,095 MSRP*
- Standard variable torque all-wheel-drive (AWD)
- Panoramic roof
- Wireless phone charger
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED front-row map lights
Pilot Black Edition
- Starting at $52,595 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- Heated Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
*MSRP includes $1,225.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.