2023 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to latest-generation 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand, and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Available 20-inch alloy wheels and tires
About the Honda Passport
The most rugged addition to the growing family of Honda SUVs and crossovers, the Honda Passport delivers a unique blend of on-road driving refinement and off-road adventure capability in addition to best-in-class interior space. Slotting between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot, the Honda Passport features a reinforced unibody frame, powerful direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 engine, and fully independent suspension. Tackle the kind of tough terrain normally reserved for less refined body-on-frame or off-road focused SUVs with the standard Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system offered on the Passport. To suit the needs of any type of driver, the Passport is offered in three trims: the well-appointed EX-L, rugged TrailSport, and the fully equipped Elite.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
While there aren’t any major changes to the rugged Honda Passport for the 2023 model year, there is one key change that’s worth pointing out. For 2023, the previously optional Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system is now standard across the entire trim range. Aside from this one adjustment, the Passport is back essentially unchanged from last year.
Honda Passport Features
As the most rugged Honda light truck to date, the Passport is infused with bold styling elements which include higher ride height, a matte black grille, and blackout headlights. Off the trails, sophisticated around-town design cues on the Passport include LED headlight accents, gloss black trim, a “floating” C-pillar, and chrome exhaust finishers.
Offering far more than just good looks, you will experience improved functionality from 0.5 inches of additional ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport models as compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Shorter overall length, shortened rear overhangs, and improved departure and breakover angles help illustrate the enhanced off-road capabilities of the Honda Passport.
Featuring a modern yet sophisticated look, the interior of the Honda Passport delivers spacious seating for up to 5 passengers along with class-leading passenger volume of 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Standard leather-trimmed upholstery featuring contrast stitching that varies by trim level further contributes to the upscale feel of the interior of the Passport.
Engineered for those living active lifestyles, the Passport has a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 with the second-row seats folded flat. Easy-to-clean hard plastic surfaces allow you to carry mountain bikes or a week’s worth of camping equipment with ease. There’s even an underfloor storage compartment that provides 2.5 cubic feet of additional space with available removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
No matter where the journey takes you, the Honda Passport lets you stay connected with an available 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. If you consider yourself an audiophile, Passport Elite trims come with a 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system that delivers exceptional clarity and depth to your favorite music. There’s even an available 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. This system lets you access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services.
Standard on every Passport, you’ll enjoy confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel thanks to the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Starting at $44,945 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats w/Orange Stitching
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel w/Orange Stitching
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
Learn More About the Trailsport trim
- Starting at $47,905 MSRP*
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- 10-Speaker, 540-Watt Audio System
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
- Wi-Fi®Hotspot Capability
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,345.00 destination charge, options and accessories. Dealers set own prices. MSRP does not include $395 charge for select premium colors. $395 charge only applies to 2022 models.
**19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.