2019 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $33,035 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to latest-generation 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Standard 20-inch alloy wheels and tires on all trims
Honda Passport Video
About the All-New 2019 Honda Passport
The newest addition to the growing family of Honda SUVs and crossovers, the all-new 2019 Honda Passport delivers a unique blend of on-road driving refinement and off-road adventure capability in addition to best-in-class interior space. Slotting between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot, the Honda Passport features reinforced unibody frame, powerful direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 engine, and fully independent suspension. Tackle the kind of tough terrain normally reserved for less refined body-on-frame or off-road focused SUVs with the available Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system offered on the Passport. At launch, the Passport will be offered in four trims: the well-appointed Sport, upgraded EX-L, high-tech Touring, and the fully equipped Elite. The Honda Passport is expected to debut in mid-2019.
What the Critics Say
Honda Passport Features
As the most rugged Honda light truck to date, the all-new Passport is infused with bold styling elements which include higher ride height, standard black 20-inch wheels, matte black grille, and blackout headlights. Off the trails, sophisticated around-town design cues on the Passport include LED headlight accents, gloss black trim, a “floating” C-pillar, and chrome exhaust finishers.
Offering far more than just good looks, you will experience improved functionality from 0.5 inches of additional ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport models as compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Shorter overall length, shortened rear overhangs, and improved departure and breakover angles help illustrate the enhanced off-road capabilities of the Honda Passport.
Featuring a modern yet sophisticated look, the interior of the all-new Honda Passport delivers spacious seating for up to 5 passengers along with class-leading passenger volume of 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Sport trim levels feature attractive and durable cloth upholstery while EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims include perforated leather seating surfaces along with a blackout headliner.
Engineered for those living active lifestyles, the Passport has a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 with the second-row seats folded flat. Easy-to-clean hard plastic surfaces allow you to carry mountain bikes or a week’s worth of camping equipment with ease. There’s even an underfloor storage compartment that provides 2.5 cubic feet of additional space with available removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
No matter where the journey takes you, the Honda Passport lets you stay connected with an available 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. If you consider yourself an audiophile, Passport Touring and Elite trims come with a 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system which delivers exceptional clarity and depth to your favorite music. There’s even an available 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. This system lets you access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services.
Standard on every 2019 Passport, you’ll enjoy confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel thanks to the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. The Passport targets an NCAP 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score safety rating and an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK rating for the 2019 model year.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $33,035 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Cargo Area Underfloor Storage Compartments
- Remote Engine Start
- Starting at $37,455 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Integration
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- 8-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Touch-Screen
- Starting at $40,325 MSRP*
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
- Heated Front and Outboard Rear Seats
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Starting at $44,725 MSRP*
- Standard Variable Torque All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Perforated, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Automatic-Dimming, Power Folding, Heated Side Mirrors
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
*MSRP includes $1,045.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, options, and accessories. Dealers set own prices.
**20 city/25 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.