2019 Honda HR-V Model Review
- Starting at $21,515 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower and 127 lb ft of torque
- Updated styling featuring revised bumpers, headlights, grille, and taillights
- All-new Sport and Touring trim levels
- 2nd row Magic Seat®, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space
- All-new Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- Multi-angle rearview camera with three angles – normal, top-down, and wide
About the HR-V
Perfect for individuals living active urban lifestyles, the city-sized Honda HR-V offers drivers revised styling, comprehensive safety features, and even more innovative technology features for the 2019 model year. Two brand new trim levels, Sport and Touring, have expanded the HR-V lineup to a total of five trims for greater choices among potential buyers. Improved sound absorbing materials and available Active Noise Cancellation combine to produce an upscale environment inside the HR-V. Keeping in touch while on-the-go has never been easier thanks to a redesigned Display Audio system featuring Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ smartphone integration and a physical volume knob. Navigate treacherous weather conditions effortlessly with the optional Real Time all-wheel drive system, optimized in 2019 for greater performance in low-traction situations. Helping to prioritize your safety, the 2019 HR-V is offered with available Honda Sensing® active safety features which keeps you safeguarded from the unexpected.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2019
You’ll find a variety of updates and revisions on the 2019 Honda HR-V. Buyers can choose from the all-new Sport and range-topping Touring trim levels in addition to the existing LX, EX, and EX-L variants. Platinum Pearl White, Orange Burst Metallic, and Midnight Amethyst Metallic are three new exterior hues offered on the HR-V to help reflect your own unique personality.
Enhanced exterior styling elements, an upgraded all-wheel drive system, a redesigned driver’s meter, and a new Display Audio system are each examples of how the 2019 Honda HR-V has been improved to better serve the needs of subcompact SUV drivers.
Honda HR-V Features
Enhanced Exterior Styling
Stand out from the crowd behind the wheel of the 2019 Honda HR-V which has been re-styled for the new model year. New bumpers, headlights, smoked turn signal lenses, and a revised “flying wing” grille each help announce your arrival with confidence. Located in between the LX and EX models is the all-new HR-V Sport, giving drivers a bold new way to reflect their style. Elements unique to the HR-V Sport are a chrome exhaust finisher, exclusive 18-inch alloy wheels, and a honeycomb pattern grille. Craving more luxury? Sitting atop the HR-V range is a new Touring trim level which delivers 5-element LED fog lights, multi-element Honda LED headlights, body colored lower-body trim, and 17-inch machined alloy wheels for a look that exudes elegance.
Performance & Capability
Helping you chase your next adventure, the 2019 Honda HR-V offers drivers outstanding performance, efficiency, and capability. Power comes from a standard 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine which produces 141 horsepower for the perfect blend of agility and fuel economy. Featuring revised shift mapping for improved acceleration and smoothness, every HR-V comes equipped with a Continuously Variable automatic Transmission (CVT). Available Real Time all-wheel drive lets you stay ahead of nasty weather conditions and reach your destination on time. Thanks to speed-sensitive steering feedback and compact sizing, it’s nearly effortless to squeeze the HR-V into a tight parking space.
Inside the 2019 Honda HR-V, drivers will find a refined cabin that’s big on versatility and more intuitive than ever before. Using the innovative 2nd row Magic Seat®, you’ll have the ability to adjust the interior to suit your cargo and passenger-carrying requirements with ease. Offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger room, both drivers and passengers can easily find their ideal comfort position. Greater use of sound-absorbing materials and available Active Noise Cancellation help create a serene environment inside the HR-V.
No other subcompact SUV can match the premium technology features found inside the 2019 Honda HR-V. Making it simpler than ever to access your favorite music and media, a new Display Audio system features Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration which allows you to bring the power of your compatible smartphone along for the trip. Innovative options also include a Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, Honda LaneWatch™, and a multi-angle rearview camera to help you drive safer.
Found on EX grade HR-V models and above, the the Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features works intuitively to keep you protected from the unexpected. Included in this collection of technologies are Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), and Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) incorporating Lane Departure Warning (LDW). The HR-V also rides on Honda’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, providing greater rigidity and strength in the unfortunate event of a collision.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $21,515 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower / 127 lb ft of torque
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- 60/40 Split 2nd row Magic Seat®
- Bluetooth® Streaming Audio
- 17-Inch Silver-Painted Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $23,215 MSRP*
- Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Sport Pedals
- Exclusive 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shifter
- Starting at $24,715 MSRP*
- Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Smart Entry with Push-Button Start
- Heated Front Seats
- Starting at $26,315 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
- 180-Watt Audio System with 6 Speakers and Chrome Speaker Rings
- 17-inch Unique Silver-Painted Alloys
- SiriusXM® Radio and HD Radio®
- Starting at $29,535 MSRP*
- Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- LED Headlights with Auto On/Off
- LED Fog Lamps
- Homelink® Remote System
- 8-Way Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**28 city/34 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT trims. 27 city/31 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD LX CVT trims. 26 city/31 highway/28 combined mpg rating for AWD Sport, EX, EX-L & Touring CVT trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.