2019 Honda CR-V Review
- Starting at $25,345 MSRP*
- Standard 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 184-horsepower 4-cylinder engine or available 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 190-horsepower 4-cylinder engine
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration, SiriusXM®, HD Radio™ and Pandora® capabilities
- Available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Standard Eco Assist™ System
About the Honda CR-V
Offering an unrivaled combination of versatility, style, and technology — it’s no surprise that the Honda CR-V has remained America’s best selling CUV for 21 consecutive years. Drivers have their choice of two responsive yet economical 4-cylinder engines which can be equipped with optional Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ for the utmost confidence in harsh weather conditions.
Examples of advanced tech features available inside the CR-V include Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration, SiriusXM®, HD Radio™ and Pandora®. Giving drivers greater confidence behind the wheel is the available Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies. Examples of smart solutions found on the Honda CR-V are a standard Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback along with an optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate. Offering a spacious yet luxurious interior to match its impressive capabilities, it’s clear why the Honda CR-V remains a hit with drivers living active lifestyles.
The 2019 Honda CR-V sets a high bar for the way it handles passengers and their cargo. We award it points above average for both front- and rear-seat passenger comfort plus another for its configurable cargo area.” – The Car Connection
The Honda CR-V is a triple threat: it packs a host of high-tech equipment, impressive fuel economy, and copious cargo space. As if that’s not enough, it also boasts contemporary styling and excellent road manners. Yes, the Honda ticks all the boxes for what constitutes an excellent crossover.” – Car and Driver
What’s New for 2019
The Honda CR-V returns for 2019 virtually unchanged from the prior model year and continues to build on its proven record for success. The sole change is a new Platinum White Pearl exterior color which replaces last year’s White Diamond Pearl.
Honda CR-V Features
Whether it’s a short drive across town or an extended weekend getaway, the Honda CR-V delivers the ideal balance of efficiency and capability. Standard power comes from a 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 184-horsepower 4-cylinder engine paired with an advanced CVT. For maximized efficiency, the available 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 190-horsepower 4-cylinder engine can achieve up to 34 MPG on the highway**.
Giving you the ultimate confidence when Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate with your plans, the CR-V can be equipped with optional Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™. The attractive front fascia of the CR-V incorporates an active shutter grille which improves aerodynamics while adding a stylish accent. Use the standard Eco Assist™ system for helpful suggestions to improve your fuel economy based on your specific driving conditions.
Equally luxurious and spacious, the interior of the Honda CR-V is loaded with cutting-edge tech features and innovative solutions to some of life’s common annoyances. Providing access to the cargo area with your hands full of shopping bags, a single swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper of the CR-V activates the available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate.
Use your favorite apps and media via the Display Audio system inside the CR-V with available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ and your compatible smartphone. Easily fit whoever or whatever you’re bringing with you by using the standard Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback. You’ll have the ability to select from a variety of premium materials including leather-trimmed seating surfaces for maximum comfort inside the Honda CR-V.
Honda Sensing® Safety Suite
Included on Honda CR-V EX trim levels and above, the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies gives you an added sense of confidence behind the wheel. Even the best drivers can use a helping hand on the road which is why these groundbreaking technologies can alert the driver and help keep you away from danger. Features found in this collection of safety technologies include the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow and Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS). Other available safety features include Blind Spot Information, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor and Auto High-Beam headlights. Few compact SUVs prioritize your safety more than the 2019 Honda CR-V.
Honda CR-V Models and Specs
- Starting at $25,345 MSRP*
- 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic Climate Control System
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $28,245 MSRP*
- 1.5-Liter VTEC® Turbo 4-Cylinder Engine and CVT with Sport Mode
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Honda Sensing®
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 7-inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
- Starting at $30,745 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Power-Adjustable Seating
- HomeLink® Remote System
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Heated, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Integrated Indicators
- Starting at $33,745 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
*MSRP including $995 destination charge, but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**26 city/32 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 2WD LX trims. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD LX trims. 28 city/34 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 2WD EX, EX-L & Touring trims. 27 city/33 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD EX, EX-L & Touring trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.