2022 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $23,365 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ) paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda Realtime Traffic
- Standard multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Available leather-trimmed upholstery featuring driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
About the Honda Civic Sedan
As the longest-running nameplate in the history of Honda, the iconic Civic enters its 11th generation as the #1 model in America – car or light truck – with first-time buyers. With over 12 million Civic models sold since 1973, it’s easy to understand how this compact sedan has built its successful reputation. Now featuring an exterior look that’s sportier and more streamlined than ever before, the Civic Sedan retains the unmistakable appearance that’s made it a hit with drivers of all ages. This same youthful attitude translates into the driver-focused cabin, now packed with a full suite of advanced connectivity features including standard Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration. Two distinctive engines provide the perfect balance of remarkable efficiency and responsive power delivery, making it easy to find the right one to match your driving preferences. Giving you a helping hand when you need it the most, all Honda Civic Sedan models come standard with the groundbreaking Honda Sensing® collection of innovative driver-assist technologies.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2022
Now entering its 11th generation, the Honda Civic Sedan is all-new for the 2022 model year. It’s infused with dynamic new exterior styling, a more streamlined interior packed with cutting-edge tech features, and an extensive list of newly standard equipment. A lineup of four individual trim levels makes it simple to find the Civic Sedan that matches your own unique personality.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Athletic Styling & Performance
More upscale and expressive than its predecessor, the 2022 Honda Civic Sedan adheres to the original Honda design approach of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”). This striking design features a lower beltline and windshield pillars shifted further rearward to improve outward visibility. A wider rear track and a more confident rear shoulder line help emphasize its poised, athletic stance on the road.
Beneath the hood of the Civic Sedan lies a standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower 138 lb-ft of torque paired to a responsive continuously variable transmission (CVT). Available driver-selectable drive modes include Eco, Normal, and Sport — allowing drivers to further personalize their experience behind the wheel. You can also step up to an optional turbocharged 1.5-liter engine that boasts 180 horsepower. A wider rear track combined with a lighter aluminum front subframe helps make this the most agile and fun-to-drive Civic Sedan ever.
Crafted with an emphasis on comfort and connectivity, the ergonomic interior of the Honda Civic Sedan places all vital controls and switches within arm’s reach. Entry-level trims will come standard with a 7-inch color touchscreen, the largest standard screen in Civic history. Specialized Honda Body Stabilizing seat designs help support the body while enhancing comfort on long drives. Design changes have allowed for a more simplified layout of the dashboard, adding a more modern yet contemporary feel to the interior. Listening to your favorite songs is easier than ever thanks to the ability to use your phone, radio, Bluetooth® or USB media, or a connected smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. You can also opt for a Civic-first Bose audio system featuring Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing.
Setting a new benchmark for small-car safety performance, the Honda Civic Sedan is engineered with a segment-leading collection of groundbreaking safety features. A world’s first application, both frontal airbags inside the Civic use specialized technology to better control head motions in certain types of crashes. Honda Sensing® is also included as standard across the model range. Standard equipment includes the Collision Mitigation Braking System™
(CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and several more. All Civic models also benefit from the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, further enhanced for greater stiffness and protection in the event of a collision.
Honda Civic Sedan – 2022 North American Car of the Year***
For the third time in the storied history of the model, the Honda Civic Sedan has been named the 2022 North American Car of the Year. “The Honda Civic has long set the standard by which other compact cars are measured and this all-new Civic raised that bar in every conceivable way,” said Michael Kistemaker, assistant vice president of Honda national sales, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “We’re especially proud for the Civic development team in Japan and our production associates at our plants in Greensburg, Indiana and Alliston, Ontario where the 2022 Civic Sedan, Hatchback and Si are built.” In total, Honda has produced nearly 11 million Civic models in North America.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $23,365 MSRP*
- 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® engine and Continuously Variable Transmission
- 7-Inch Color Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Push Button Start
- Full LED Headlights
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety features
- Starting at $24,765 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors and Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Starting at $26,365 MSRP*
- 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $29,965 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen with Wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***Source: North American Car of the Year Awards (2022) – https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/