2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Model Review
Honda Civic Hatchback
- Starting at $24,365 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ)
- Choice of standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) or available short-throw 6-speed manual transmission
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Optional Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers
- Honda Sensing® featuring Traffic Jam Assist
- Sporty Euro-inspired exterior styling with a coupe-like profile featuring a cargo opening widened by 1.6-inches for enhanced practicality
- Available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities
About the Honda Civic Hatchback
Designed for drivers looking for a combination of athleticism and practicality — the dynamic Honda Civic Hatchback delivers an inspired blend of state-of-the-art technology, potent performance capabilities, and eye-catching Euro-influenced styling to help you stand out from the ordinary. As the more youthful counterpart of the award-winning Civic Sedan, the Civic Hatchback is known for its signature swept-back profile that flows seamlessly towards its distinctive rear liftgate. After stepping inside the cabin, you’ll find a selection of advanced connectivity and multimedia functions to keep you informed and entertained on each mile of your journey.
Perfect for those living busy lifestyles, the Civic Hatchback offers a versatile large rear cargo opening in addition to standard 60/40 split folding rear seating. Two individual engine options along with two transmission choices make it effortless to find the right balance of efficiency and performance to match your driving habits. Also standard across the entire model range of Civic Hatchback, Honda Sensing® is a collection of sophisticated driver-assist technologies created specifically to keep you alert and informed.
What the Critics Say
Honda Civic Hatchback Features
Helping to instill a connection between driver and machine, the design team at Honda spent countless hours perfecting the responsive handling and athleticism of the Civic Hatchback to match its potent powertrain. Under the hood, you’ll find a standard 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine paired to a CVT transmission. Searching for more muscle? Upgrade to the optional 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine and a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission for maximum driver engagement. Compared to its sedan sibling, the Civic Hatchback offers more responsive handling thanks to its lightweight composite hatch, wider rear track, and 4.9-inch shorter length. Due to a reimagined body structure, the latest Civic Hatchback offers a 19% increase in torsional rigidity in comparison to the outgoing version. No other vehicle in its class is able to contend with the remarkable combination of practicality and exciting performance offered by the Honda Civic Hatchback.
Surprisingly Large Interior
Achieving harmony between practical functionality and eye-catching design, the cabin of the Honda Civic Hatchback easily adapts to your everyday lifestyle. Each trim across the model range comes standard with unique Honda Body Stabilizing Seats, sculpted with the objective of boosting comfort on longer trips. In only a matter of seconds, you can create the perfect space for larger items with standard 60/40 split folding rear seats. Experience concert-quality audio with the optional Bose Premium Sound System featuring Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing, tailored specifically to the unique characteristics of the interior. Remove unnecessary clutter from cables and wires by choosing the available Qi-compatible wireless charging system inside the Civic Hatchback, ideal for maintaining your phone battery on the way to your destination.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Setting the benchmark for its segment, the Honda Civic Hatchback comes equipped with an astounding collection of connectivity and safety features designed to add confidence each time you take a seat behind the wheel. Standard on all models is a 7-inch color LCD instrument display including a digital speedometer and tachometer on the left side and an analog speedometer dial on the right. Accessing your favorite apps is effortless thanks to a standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. You can take your multimedia experience to the next level with the optional 9-inch touchscreen, the largest ever offered inside the Civic, with wireless smartphone integration. Engineered to keep you safeguarded against the unknown and prepared to react, the standard Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies now features Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and other groundbreaking technologies.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $24,365 MSRP*
- 158-HP Engine with continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 16-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Starting at $25,565 MSRP*
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes (available)
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Sport Pedals
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Starting at $28,065 MSRP*
- 180-HP Turbocharged Engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Leather-Trimmed Seats, Heated Front Seats
- Blind Spot Information System
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $30,865 MSRP*
- Bose Premium Sound System
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 9-Inch Color Touch-Screen
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Low-Speed Follow available)
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX. 26 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT. 31 city/39 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-L. 28 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring 6MT. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring CVT. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.