2020 Honda Insight Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Insight Hybrid
- Starting MSRP $23,885*
- 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack with a total system output of 151 horsepower and 197 lb-ft of electric motor torque
- 55 city / 49 highway / 52 combined mpg*
- Three selectable driving modes – ECON, Sport and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
- Optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration
- Available next-generation HondaLink® subscription services and HomeLink® Remote System
About the 2020 Honda Insight
Efficient, stylish, and packed with groundbreaking technology – the Honda Insight defies what it means to drive an electrified hybrid vehicle. Positioned between the Civic and the Accord in the Honda sedan lineup, choosing the Insight is a smart move for those looking to save money at the pump. The Insight provides the style and refinement of a premium compact sedan blended with fuel efficiency competitive with leading hatchback hybrid models. Power comes in the form of the third generation of Honda’s innovative two-motor hybrid system, capable of producing a total of 151 net system horsepower. A lightweight body structure and the best power-to-weight ratio in its class helps the Insight earn a projected 55-mpg rating in the city*.
2020 Honda Insight Features
Providing the 2020 Insight with exceptional fuel economy is a highly efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, a powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack working in perfect harmony. During normal driving, the Insight operates as a “series hybrid”, meaning that the gasoline engine does not supply power to the drive wheels – it solely produces electricity. Then, the electricity is supplied to either the electric propulsion motor and/or the 60-cell lithium-ion battery pack. The gasoline engine only engages to power the wheels directly when maximum power is required or at highway speeds. Three selectable driving modes allows Insight drivers to choose between NORMAL, ECON, and SPORT to increase efficiency or maximize performance.
Three trims are offered on the Honda Insight for 2020 — LX, EX, and Touring – with the LX starting at $23,885 MSRP* and the fully-equipped Touring starting at just $29,295 MSRP*. Standard features include a 7-inch TFT digital driver’s meter, push-button start, a 6-speaker audio system, Bluetooth®, Pandora® compatibility and a folding rear seat. The trunk offers 15 cubic feet of trunk space along with a sizeable pass-through from the 60/40 split rear seats when folded. Premium features available on the Insight include perforated leather seating for up to 5 passengers, embedded Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, power moonroof, and HomeLink® Remote System.
The 2020 Insight uses the Honda Advance Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, which contributes to the premium feel of driving a sedan. Helping to reduce weight and boost efficiency, the Insight features an aluminum hood unique to the vehicle. Every Honda Insight will include the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. Included in this suite are Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow and Traffic Sign Recognition, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Keeping Assistance System, Lane Departure Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), and Forward Collision Warning (FCW). EX and Touring trims will come equipped with Honda LaneWatch™ and all trims will have a multi-angle rearview camera.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $23,885 MSRP*
- 1.5-liter, Atkinson cycle 4-cylinder engine with electric motor, 151 total-system horsepower
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 3-mode drive system (ECON/Sport/EV)
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and streaming audio
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Starting at $25,265 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touch-screen
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Smart entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
- Starting at $29,295 MSRP*
- Ivory, Black or Black / Mocha Leather-trimmed seats
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 450-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers including subwoofer
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
*MSRP includes $955 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**55 city/49 highway/52 combined mpg rating for LX and EX trims. 51 city/45 highway/48 combined mpg rating for the Touring trim. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition and other factors.