2022 Honda Insight Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Insight Hybrid
- Starting at $26,775 MSRP*
- 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack with a total system output of 151 horsepower and 197 lb-ft of electric motor torque
- 55 city / 49 highway / 52 combined MPG**
- Three selectable driving modes – ECON, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
- Optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration
- Available next-generation HondaLink® subscription services and HomeLink® Remote System
About the Honda Insight
Efficient, stylish, and packed with groundbreaking technology – the Honda Insight defies what it means to drive an electrified hybrid vehicle. Positioned between the Civic and the Accord in the Honda sedan lineup, choosing the Insight is a smart move for those looking to save money at the pump. The Insight provides the style and refinement of a premium compact sedan blended with fuel efficiency competitive with leading hatchback hybrid models. Power comes in the form of the third generation of Honda’s innovative two-motor hybrid system, capable of producing a total of 151 net system horsepower. A lightweight body structure and the best power-to-weight ratio in its class help the Insight earn a 55-MPG rating in the city**.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
The remarkably efficient Honda Insight returns for the 2022 model year essentially unchanged. The sole update is the discontinuation of the base level LX trim level, leaving the EX and Touring as the two remaining choices. You can still experience the unparalleled combination of style and efficiency when you choose the innovative Honda Insight.
Honda Insight Features
Providing the Honda Insight with exceptional fuel economy is a highly efficient 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle engine, a powerful electric propulsion motor, and lithium-ion battery pack working in perfect harmony. During normal driving, the Insight operates as a “series hybrid”, meaning that the gasoline engine does not supply power to the drive wheels – it solely produces electricity. Then, the electricity is supplied to either the electric propulsion motor and/or the 60-cell lithium-ion battery pack. The gasoline engine only engages to power the wheels directly when maximum power is required or at highway speeds. Three selectable driving modes allow Insight drivers to choose between NORMAL, ECON, and SPORT to increase efficiency or maximize performance.
Two trims are offered on the Honda Insight for 2022 — EX and Touring. Standard features include a 7-inch TFT digital driver’s meter, push-button start, a 6-speaker audio system, Bluetooth®, Pandora® compatibility, and a folding rear seat. The trunk offers 15 cubic feet of trunk space along with a sizeable pass-through from the 60/40 split rear seats when folded. Premium features available on the Insight include perforated leather seating for up to 5 passengers, embedded Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, power moonroof, and HomeLink® Remote System.
The Insight uses the Honda Advance Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, which contributes to the premium feel of driving a sedan. Helping to reduce weight and boost efficiency, the Insight features an aluminum hood unique to the vehicle. Every Honda Insight will include the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. Included in this suite are Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow and Traffic Sign Recognition, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Keeping Assistance System, Lane Departure Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), and Forward Collision Warning (FCW). EX and Touring trims will come equipped with the Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor and all trims will have a multi-angle rearview camera.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $26,775 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touch-screen
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
- Starting at $30,805 MSRP*
- Ivory, Black or Black / Mocha Leather-trimmed seats
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 450-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers including subwoofer
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**55 city/49 highway/52 combined mpg rating for the EX trim. 51 city/45 highway/48 combined mpg rating for the Touring trim. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.