2020 Honda Civic Sedan Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $21,480 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or optional 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Updated Display Audio system featuring a new interface including a volume knob and physical buttons for key functions
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Sport trim level with unique styling, upsized 18-inch wheels, and enhanced handling
- Available one-touch moonroof with tilt feature
Honda Civic Sedan Video
About The Honda Civic Sedan
Eye-catching style, efficient performance, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking safety features are only a handful of the reasons why the Honda Civic is America’s retail best-selling passenger car1. The 2020 Honda Civic Sedan offers drivers their choice of economical 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder. Regardless of trim level, you’ll experience added confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel thanks to the standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Giving you plenty of room for all your gear, the Civic Sedan delivers class-leading interior volume which rivals many midsize sedans. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ lets you bring the power of your compatible smartphone along for the adventure. A comprehensive lineup of 5 distinctive models makes it easy to find the Honda Civic Sedan that perfectly matches your personality.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
The Honda Civic Sedan returns for 2020 with no changes aside from some minor pricing adjustments. It continues to set the benchmark for the compact sedan segment with exceptional value, efficiency, and premium standard features.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
From economical efficiency to responsive performance, the 2020 Civic Sedan features two proven powertrain options. Choose the LX or Sport trim and you’ll receive a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. Drivers will have their choice of a 6-speed manual or CVT, with each giving you impressive response and exceptional fuel economy figures. Choose the EX, EX-L, or Touring trim levels to receive a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. This potent turbocharged engine delivers some of the best fuel economy in its class, with maximum ratings of 32 city / 42 highway** for EX and EX-L trims. For decades, the Civic Sedan has built its reputation as a fun-to-drive sedan infused with sporty character. This tradition continues with the Civic Sedan Sport, which offers a stiffer front stabilizer bar, exclusive shock absorbers, rear lower control arms, and boldly-styled 18-inch wheels.
In order to provide a more refined driving and ownership experience, numerous subtle improvements have been made to the interior of the 2020 Civic Sedan. You’ll now find a volume knob along with physical buttons for key functions on the available Display Audio system which features Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Other premium interior features include an auto-dimming rear view mirror, dual zone automatic climate control with new fan speed buttons, embedded navigation, and leather-trimmed seating surfaces. Available 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks help create up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity inside the Civic Sedan. Additional sound insulation has been added to the floor, trunk, front fenders, and rear fenders to further improve refinement.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
Committed to help keep drivers and passengers protected from the unexpected, every 2020 Honda Civic Sedan comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Included in this collection are Lane Departure Warning, a Lane Keeping Assist System, Road Departure Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, and the Collision Mitigation Braking System. A standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines provides additional confidence when maneuvering in or out of a tight parking space. EX trim levels and above also receive the exclusive Honda LaneWatch™ as standard equipment.
Trims & Specs
Civic Sedan LX
- Starting at $21,480 MSRP*
- 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with 158 horsepower
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Honda Sensing®
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Auto High-Beam Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Civic Sedan Sport
- Starting at $22,380 MSRP*
- Decklid Spoiler, Center Outlet Exhaust, and 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
Civic Sedan EX
- Starting at $24,630 MSRP*
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Push Button Start and Remote Start
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Civic Sedan EX-L
- Starting at $25,830 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- HomeLink® Remote System
- SiriusXM® Radio
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
Civic Sedan Touring
- Starting at $28,530 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
*MSRP includes $930.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**25 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT trim. 30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX CVT and Touring trims. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT trim. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX & EX-L trims. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
1Based on Urban Science retail sales data for all car models in the industry 2016-2018CYTD July.