2020 Honda Civic Coupe Model Review
Honda Civic Coupe
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or optional 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Optional One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Available 450-Watt Premium Audio System
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
About The Honda Civic Coupe
Iconic two-door style, responsive yet efficient performance, and groundbreaking technology features help give you an idea why the Honda Civic Coupe has captured the hearts of drivers across the country. A collection of striking design cues found both inside and out help give the 2020 Honda Civic Coupe a bold appearance. You’ll have your choice of a standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder for that crave extra exhilaration.
The addition of the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment on every Civic Coupe model helps inspire greater confidence behind the wheel. An impressive 12.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity made possible by available 60/40 split folding rear seats means that you’ll never have to leave that extra suitcase behind. Perfect for those living active lifestyles, the Civic Coupe offers an array of advanced connectivity features to help you stay in touch no matter how far your journeys take you.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
For the 2020 model year, the Honda Civic Coupe returns with no significant changes. It remains the premier choice for drivers searching for a fun-to-drive two door that’s packed with value and technology.
Honda Civic Coupe Features
From economical to exciting, two distinctive powertrain options help make your commute more memorable with the 2020 Civic Coupe. Choose the LX or Sport trim levels and you’ll receive an economical 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that delivers 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed manual transmission and an optional CVT helps the Civic Coupe provide outstanding fuel economy. Opt for the EX or Touring and you will enjoy a potent 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. This impressive engine features some of the best fuel economy in its class, offering maximum ratings of 31 city / 40 highway** on EX models. Nimble handling and a sport-focused character are only two reasons why the Civic Coupe has remained a popular choice for decades. This same spirit is infused into the Civic Coupe Sport which features stylish 18-inch wheels, exclusive shock absorbers, stiffer front stabilizer bar, and rear lower control arms.
Continuing the success of last year, the 2020 Civic Coupe features even more refinement and premium features inside the cabin. Improved tactile feedback comes as a result of the addition of a volume knob and physical buttons on the available Display Audio system which features Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Other amenities found inside the cabin include an embedded navigation system, leather-trimmed seating surfaces, auto-dimming rear view mirror, and dual-zone automatic climate control with revised fan speed buttons. Available 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks help you create a generous 12.1 cubic feet of cargo room to fit all of life’s necessities inside the Civic Coupe. Now more refined than ever before, the Civic Coupe features additional sound insulation located in the floor, trunk, rear fenders, and front fenders.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
Few compact coupes are able to compete with the groundbreaking safety features found on the 2020 Honda Civic Coupe. Standard on every Civic Coupe is Honda Sensing®, a comprehensive collection of safety and driver-assistive technologies which help inspire confidence behind the wheel. Included in this suite of safety features are Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking System, Road Departure Mitigation System, Lane Keeping Assist System, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow. Every Civic Coupe also comes standard with a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines to help take the guesswork out of parallel parking. With optional Honda LaneWatch™, signal right and a small camera will display live video that reveals nearly four times more than the passenger-side mirror alone.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- 158-Horsepower 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with CVT
- Honda Sensing®
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Starting at $22,805 MSRP*
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission or Available CVT with Paddle Shifters
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Center Outlet Exhaust
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
- Starting at $24,555 MSRP*
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Remote Engine Start
- Starting at $28,205 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
*MSRP includes $955.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX trim. 25 city/35 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT trim. 29 city/36 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT trim. 31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX trim. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Touring trim. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.